ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This policy applies to all of our sites and brands unless one of them has published an alternative notice, in which case that sites specific notice would take precedence.
To summarise, depending on your relationship with us, we will use your personal information as follows:
- To allow you to use the interactive features of our sites such as comment forums, or to enter competitions.
- To display adverts on our sites and apps which we believe are more likely to be relevant to you.
- To participate in online advertising networks by sharing with them information about the kinds of people who use our products and services. This process is a necessary part of our promise to make our sites freely accessible to all. Any information gathered in this way does not identify you by name.
- To provide you with tailored content to give you a more personal and relevant reading experience
- To provide our products and services to you and handle any customer service queries. For example to send you news emails or push updates to which you have subscribed.
- To comply with the law and our duty to manage our business appropriately.
For all of our sites, apps and brands, Tickir Ltd is the data controller of the personal information that we collect about you. If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, you should contact us at email@example.com
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE PROCESS AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The types of information we will collect and process about you includes:
- Any personal and contact details you have opted to share with us, such as your name, your postal address or email address. Examples would be where you have provided this information to allow you to register with us to receive a newsletter, or enter a sales promotion or competition, or attended one of our events. It will also apply to cases where you have agreed to receive marketing materials from ourselves, or the third parties we interact with;
- Information we buy or obtain from third parties, including marketing lists;
- Information about your use of third party products or services or from third parties who we may use to operate certain aspects of our business;
- Information we obtain if we carry out a credit search on you via a credit referencing agency to assess our ability to transact with you;
- Information included in any communications between us or which you provide in any post on any site or any information collected when you participate in any poll or quiz or obtained via social media or which is publicly available;
- Information you provide to allow you to use any of our products or services, this will include any enquires about those products and services; and
- We also collect information from cookies on your devices, including information about your IP address, MAC address and other identifying information. As part of this process, we collect information, including your location, from third-party advertising networks, to assess how you use our products and services.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to offer you access to products and services which you will continue to want to use. To ensure we do this, we may use and permit others to use your personal data as set out below.
We may use information about you to provide and manage the products and services to which you have subscribed. Doing this allows us to customise our products and services for you and to personalise your visits to our sites. We aim to choose products and services we think will interest you, for market research and to improve the usefulness of our sites, products and services to our users.
We may also use your personal data to get in contact to notify you about changes and updates to our products or services, or to evaluate the performance of our products and services to assist us in the development of new or improvement of existing products and services.
We may make use of your personal information for direct marketing activities, or supply this information to third parties for their direct marketing activities. This direct marketing will be done with your consent or as permitted by law. Direct marketing activities, constitute communication directly to particular individuals (by email, post or telephone) of any advertising or marketing material.
We may monitor, record and store records of calls, emails, text messages, social media messages, in-person meetings and other communications where permitted by law. Where the law and regulatory rules require us to do so, we may store such information, to prevent or detect crime, for evidential purposes, and in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures. These records may also be used for quality control and staff training purposes.
Information about you helps us sell advertising to businesses of products and services relevant to you. By partnering with advertisers, we ensure we can deliver on our promise to keep access to our sites free for all.
If you log-in to our sites using social media, for example, Facebook, Google+, Twitter or similar platforms, you are granting permission to the social media platform to share your user details with us. These details will include your name and email address which we will use to form a user identity.
If you enter a competition, any personal information that you share with us will be kept secure and only used in line with the relevant terms and conditions of the competition. This will not apply to information shared when you opt-in to future marketing from Tickir Ltd and/or any third parties associated with the competition.
If you send us a picture or video, for publication, you confirm that you have the consent of all of the people in the image or video supplied. If the picture, or video, features a child, or children, you confirm that you are the parent or guardian of the child or children, and have the legal right to grant consent for publication. If you are not the parent or guardian of any child or children featured, you confirm you have obtained consent from their legal parent or guardian, to allow you to submit the image or video for publication.
We may use your information as part of the management of Tickir Ltd, and to allow us to improve both our operations and those of our business partners. Such information may also be used to assess our internal processes and carry out financial checks where appropriate.
We may use your data to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share information where necessary to allow us to operate our business, and with our third-party service providers and partners, as part of providing and administering our products and services. Details of how we do this are outlined below.
We will disclose your information and co-operate with appropriate bodies and authorities in good faith where we are required to by a court order, a regulatory authority, or by law. This will include disclosure when needed to the police, trading standards or any other relevant regulatory body or other relevant authority.
We may share information about you with credit reference agencies.
We may also share information to facilitate the sale of the business, including if a potential buyer approaches us, or if we are required to undertake corporate restructuring via an administrator, receiver or liquidator.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
Tickir Ltd are based in the UK, but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. If we do so, we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply. We can provide more information about this on request.
WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS DO WE HAVE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WHEN WE SHARE IT WITH OTHERS)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
i. Where it is necessary to allow you to access our products or services, such as:
- Managing products and services you hold with us, or where you enquire about them
- Updating your records or tracing you to contact you about your account for the recovery of any outstanding debt.
- Sharing our personal information with third parties and service providers when you apply for a product or service and help us manage your access to the product or service.
- All activities and stages that allow us to manage your access to our products and services, including enquiry, application, administration and management of your account(s) with Tickir Ltd
ii. Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- Managing your products and services and updating your records.
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes.
- To provide selected direct marketing messages, where we have exercised appropriate safeguards and controls.
- To ensure compliance with the guidance and best practice recommendations of government and regulatory bodies.
- To allow us to manage and audit our accounting records and business operations.
- To allow us to monitor and maintain appropriate records of our conversations with you in whatever format.
- To comply with our governance requirements, such as internal reporting and to comply with obligations or administration required for our Annual General Meeting.
- To develop statistics and carry out market research activities.
- To offer insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either to help us improve products or services, to improve the operations of our business, or to allow us to deliver products and services.
- To allow us to run the business and comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations regarding the sharing of your personal information with relevant people or organisations.
- To comply with any other legal or regulatory obligations which we reasonably believe we are required to adhere to.
iii. With your consent or explicit consent:
- To undertake digital advertising activities and some direct marketing communications.
- For some of our processing of special data categories of personal data such as about your health
FOR HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary, given the purpose for which it was collected. We will also retain relevant information for an additional short period to ensure that we deal with any problems that arise. The length of time information is retained for will depend on the type of information held, and our reason for keeping it. The period of retention will therefore range from a few days or weeks, to in some cases several years.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAW?
Under the law, you have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you. Below is a short overview of those rights. The website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (http://www.ico.org.uk) contains further information regarding your rights in relation to your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.
Your right to withdraw your consent
If we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Your right to access the information we hold about you
With a few exceptions designed to protect the rights of others, you have the right to a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, what we do with it, who we share it with, and how long we will hold it for. We reserve the right to make a reasonable charge for additional copies of that data beyond the first copy. Such a cost will be based on the costs of our administrating your request.
Your right to have inaccurate information about you rectified
You have the right to have the information we hold about you corrected if it is factually inaccurate.
Your right to object to what we do with your data, and to have restrictions placed upon it
Where we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to that processing and to have restrictions placed upon it while we consider your objection.
Your right to have your information erased under some circumstances
You have the right to require us to delete the information that we hold about you if it is no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it for, and there is no other legal basis on which we must, or are allowed to, retain it.
Your right to stop receiving direct marketing from us
You have the right to require us to stop sending you direct marketing material (for example, promotional emails). It can sometimes take a few days to action these requests.
Your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our handling of your personal data with the supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. But before you do so, please do contact us first to give us a chance to put matters right, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to the ICO, you can do so on 0303 123 1113.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
From time to time, as legislation changes, it’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted here and such changes will become effective as soon as they are posted. By continuing to use our sites and apps we deem that you have been notified of and accepted any changes made.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
This privacy notice was published on 25th May 2020.